- 2 best quality chicken fillets (on or off the bone)
- Approx. 20 g softened real butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Your choice of fresh or dried herbs
- A handful of polenta (cornmeal), seasoned with pepper and salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C / 400 F / gas mark 6.
- Mix your minced garlic, herbs and a fresh grinding of pepper into the softened butter and set aside.
- Take your chicken fillets and cut them carefully along the centre (butterfly technique).
- Use a rolling pin (or some such implement) to flatten them out a little and smear the garlic butter inside.
- Fold back over, dip your chicken into the egg wash, and press it onto the seasoned cornmeal, ensuring the entire chicken fillet is covered evenly.
- Sear the chicken on the pan - approximately 2 minutes each side and then pop into the oven to bake for a further 15 minutes or so.
The kievs being seared in the pan
- Serve the kievs with your choice of sides - I went with sweet potato fries and green beans and petits pois.
Gluten-free chicken kiev. Dinner is served!