This recipe serves 4/5 generous individual portions.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 250g tub of mascarpone cheese
- 150 ml cream
- 150 ml strong coffee, cooled slightly
- 2 tbsp liqueur e.g. spiced rum, brandy, Bailey's
- 16 - 20 sponge finger/boudoir biscuits, broken into 2 or 3 pieces
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder and/or 1 Cadbury's Flake bar, to decorate
- 4 to 5 serving glasses
- Whisk the egg, sugar and vanilla to a creamy consistency.
- Add in the mascarpone and the cream and continue to whisk to a nice, smooth texture, a little thicker and more dense than whipped cream.
- Separately, mix together your liqueur and coffee in a bowl. Dip your broken pieces of biscuits into the liquid for a few seconds, until nicely softened and add about 4 pieces to the bottom of each serving glass.
- Repeat the above step until all the glasses are ready.
- Add a large tablespoon of the creamed mixture into each serving glass on top of the soaked biscuits. Follow with another layer of 4 biscuits as in step 3 and then finish with a second layer of mascarpone and cream.
- Add a dusting of cocoa powder over each top layer, to your own liking, and then leave to chill in the fridge for at least one hour, up to 24 hours.
- Before serving, crumble over a little chocolate Flake bar for extra chocolately goodness.
With Flake added - mmm, enjoy!