- 2 ripe/overripe bananas
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 100 g soft butter/margarine
- 150 g plain flour
- 150 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda & 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 100 g dark chocolate cut into chunks/shards
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C/325 F/gas mark 3 and grease and line a loaf tin.
- Simply peel and mash your bananas with a fork into a mixing bowl.
- Sieve in the flour and raising agents.
- Add all other ingredients barring the chocolate.
- Use a hand held whisk to whizz up and combine the mixture very well.
- Finally tip in and stir through your chocolate chunks.
- Spoon into the prepared loaf tin and pop into the oven for 40 - 50 minutes. You will know the cake is ready when a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to rest in the tin for up to half an hour, then turn out and serve! I won't even suggest you wait till it's cooled...there's just something about molten dark chocolate ;-)