This couscous salad will generously serve 5 - 6 people as a side dish. I often like to serve it with another salad, such as a green salad or a tomato salad.
- 1 cup of couscous
- 1 and a half cups of boiling water
- 1 tsp. oil e.g. peanut/sesame/sunflower
- 1 tsp. curry powder and a dash of turmeric if available
- 2 tbsp. sultanas
- 2 or 3 scallions/spring onions
- 1 tbsp. flaked almonds
- Coriander or flat leaf parsley
- Place the couscous into a large serving bowl, pour all of boiling water in and stir well.
- Mix through the oil, curry powder, turmeric (if using) and sultanas and mix well to combine all these ingredients.
- Set your bowl aside for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Finely chop up the scallions and fresh herbs.
- After the couscous has been left for up to 15 minutes, fluff it up with a fork and stir through the scallions, flaked almonds and chopped herbs.
- The curried couscous is now ready to serve and eat, just as soon as you are.
- If storing, cover with cling film and leave the bowl in the fridge. Store in the fridge for up to two days.